Propel - Senior Finance Manager
Propel is an exciting and innovative new service within Deloitte UK, which offers an end-to-end accounting solution for ambitious SME’s and start-up businesses who thrive on being tech savvy with their finger on the pulse. With the accuracy and quick turnaround of our delivery team and experts, our clients will have real time financial data and key analytics on their business accessible anywhere anytime through the Propel dashboard.
This role is a great opportunity for an established qualified accountant who is technically strong and understands SMEs and how to manage a team. The role will offer a huge amount of variety and opportunity to develop and get involved in exciting and challenging work as the business continues to grow. You will be responsible for running our Cardiff team and report directly to our London based Leadership team. It is essential you have the knowledge, ability and strength of character to be able to effectively manage a large ambitious team of 15 and growing and ensure they are delivering the quality expected of Deloitte. You will have a strong established team around you to help deliver on your objectives.Responsibilities
You will have responsibility for:
- Complete oversight and management of the Cardiff office including:
- Identifying team training and development needs and supporting the delivery of this
- Final point of escalation for all challenges from the Cardiff team
- Resolving team and client problems
- Coaching and mentoring a team of ambitious qualified accountants
- Instilling professionalism and quality throughout the team
- Key contact between Cardiff team and London leadership team
Managing a portfolio of clients while being supported by a team of Accountants and Accounts Assistants including:
- Key client point of contact for all their day to day needs and monthly reporting
- Reviewing work done by junior members of the team
- Production of statutory accounts
- Production and review of VAT returns
- Delegating work and managing your teams workload
- Manage diverse teams with an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Senior reviewer role as final review prior to client submission
- Proactively generating ideas of ways to improve our working methods and making those ideas happen
- To be considered for the role you must have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs
- Previous experience of working with cloud based systems
- Experience working with SMEs and other growth businesses
- Experience in accounts preparation and producing tax computations
- Experience of leading a team whilst being responsible for their own tasks
- Superb attention to detail and quality review
- Good communication skills
- Confidence with clients
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
- A good understanding of day to day bookkeeping through to stat accounts
- A keen interest in technology and innovative ways to deliver information to clients in a timely manner
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit and assurance practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This role will be directly supporting small and medium sized businesses that are the lifeblood of the UK economy. Propel plays an important role in Deloitte’s wider business strategy by developing innovation and distinguishing ourselves by what we do.What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 143073