Technical Lead/Project Manager
ERP Technical Lead/Project Manager
ERP Support Team
Head of Group IT
We require an experienced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Technical Lead to join the company to assist with the implementation of a new ERP solution across the Midwich Group. The new ERP solution will be rolled out across multiple sites within the UK and across the world including Germany, France, Australia & New Zealand.
The ERP Technical Lead will be responsible for building & managing the technical ERP Support Team while working closely with the ERP Project Manager & Team. They will be responsible for assisting the ERP Project Team with the analysis & design, build, deployment and post go-live support across the Group, so experience of managing projects would be beneficial.
They will be responsible for ensuring that the ERP application is fully documented & knowledge transferred to all required technical team members.
Any experience of managing change within organisations at both an operational & technical level would be very beneficial.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
- Researches existing systems and procedures and make changes & improvements wherever necessary.
- Technical team leader designs, tests, and debugs ERP software.
- Evaluates team skills and resources for each technical task relating to the project.
- Identifies tasks to evaluate technical and cross-technical requirements.
- Recommends solutions to identified problems.
- Ensure delivery of projects on time and within the budget.
- Provides operational support for developing & maintaining the enterprise information architecture relating to the ERP system.
- Support the ERP initiatives in design, development & implementation of plans to translate the ERP project into the technical business systems.
- Serves as the technical lead within the ERP project team & IT department.
- Support the development & maintenance of the data repository.
- Works with other areas of the IT Department ERP technical experts to design, develop, build, test, & deploy application areas such as Reports, website integrations, middleware, data conversion routines & other related concurrent programs.
- Ensure that SLAs & team KPIs are met whilst ensuring the day-to-day coaching, training and support of the team on a continual basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Documents all technical processes, requirements, flows & diagrams.
- Produce reports, documents & present analyses, project status, risks & issues to the Project Manager & Head of Group IT.
- Participate in cross-technical, cross- discipline project teams to better leverage the ERP solution.
- Identify integration issues and develop solutions to these issues.
- Presents conceptual technical solutions that satisfy functional requirements.
- Provides production support for ongoing maintenance & interface with third-party vendors & other internal systems.
- Manage communications to business and affected users in the event of any service impacting issues.
- Ensures all appropriate department documentation is maintained & updated.
- Lead the development of individuals within the ERP team, motivating and driving individual performance.
- Create, review and update documentation for all relevant areas of the role.
- To achieve agreed objectives and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by Head of Group IT.
- Perform from time to time such other duties as may be consistent with the post.
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job.
ERP Support Team
ERP Technical Lead
ITIL (Change Management, Problem Management)
**Nice to have
NON TECHNICAL SKILLS
Experience of delivering business improvements through the use of technology.
Track record of implementing and supporting applications in a medium/ large international organisation (>600 users)
Excellent communication skills, able to challenge and influence others to support objectives.
Ability to plan, organize and track to completion project work of self and others
Ability to prioritize and 'multi-task’ concurrent requests and initiatives with minimal supervision
Demonstrated ability to deal with competing priorities and resolve priority conflicts
Exposure to complex business processes including e-Commerce, supply chain, EDI and Interfaces.