Electrical Engineering Instructor
Our client who has provided apprenticeship training to local business for over 44 years and are recognised as one of the largest and most trusted apprenticeship training providers in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight has a vacancy in their Engineering Training Centre based in Havant, providing high quality engineering training to young learners, apprentices and corporate clients.
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer with an electronic background who has a passion to impart their knowledge and experience to the engineers of tomorrow. Ideally you will have previous experience in a supervisory role, possess excellent written and communication skills and enjoy working in a learning environment.
The role entails teaching, coaching and mentoring young learners undertaking Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications. A teaching and/or assessing qualification is desirable but not essential as the necessary training will be provided to the applicant with the right qualities.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Time served Engineer with electrical experience
- Level 3 Engineering Qualification
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Full driving licence and use of own car
Desirable requirements for this role:
- NVQ/QCF Assessor qualification
- Teaching qualification
- Experience of working in a learning environment
- Good understanding of apprenticeship frameworks
Working hours are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week