Junior Web Developer for Ecommerce
Sellerdeck is an ecommerce agency with 1,100 customers in the UK and £11 billion transacted through its platforms. We pride ourselves on genuinely providing our customers an exceptional service for over 20 years, and building relationships so they can trust our judgement and recommendations.
The candidate will actively contribute to development and design changes of customer websites, and help customers build their brands in a constantly changing online environment.
You’ll be joining a team within Sellerdeck providing ecommerce agency services. You’ll bring your current skills, and you’ll learn how to use our Sellerdeck Desktop software to create bespoke ecommerce websites for our customers. You’ll have the support of team members to help you grow.
Candidates should be proactive and critical thinkers, with sound communication ability. Attention to detail is critical to our success. Familiarity with web technologies is essential along with the knack for learning new systems quickly. Your experience does not need to be from a commercial environment as the most important thing is that you’re web-savvy, bright and willing to learn.
- Support the increasing need of our customers for expertise on all aspects of their ecommerce business
- Provide web development skills and knowledge (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP)
- Assist sales team with support for technical questions
- Understanding issues that affect site performance
- Win the respect and trust of Sellerdeck customers and colleagues
- Learning, and over time, mastering the internal systems
- Contributing to achieve the company’s initiatives
- Managing customer inquiries through phone and email
Required knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of successfully delivering websites
- Hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable speaking with businesses
- Commitment to punctuality
- Ability to take on constructive criticism
- An acute ear for opportunities
- Tenacious and determined
- Assertive and confident
- Self motivated
- Able to use initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Team player and contributes to Sellerdeck team
- Office computing skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Places importance on self development and eager to learn
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent