We’re creating a team of unrivaled strength and diversity
London (London Bridge)
The Central Services Controller role will report directly to the HQ Finance Business Partner (BP). This position will have primary responsibility for all WPP and statutory reporting, overseeing local compliance and controls. They will also be responsible for supporting the BP and other business stakeholders by providing information and analysis to enable decisions to be taken with full understanding of the financial impact they will have. The role requires excellent financial, accounting and systems skills, experience in dealing with audits and managing a finance team or working with a shared service centre.
Join us and you’ll be part of 30,000 colleagues and 12 world leading research, data and insight brands at Kantar. At the heart of WPP, our unique consumer insight inspires clients to flourish in an extraordinary world.
- Management of HQ controlling and decision support heads (3 direct reports)
- Ensuring monthly reporting for HQ is completed in Cartesis
- Responsible for HQ budget/quarterly forecast completion and entry into Cartesis
- Analysis and reporting of monthly results to the BP, and regional controllers
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure timely completion of Kantar Group Limited year end audits
- Work with UK Controlling team to ensure statutory accounts, tax pack and VAT returns are completed
- Liaising with HQ heads of department to understand business performance and budget/forecast requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management and accounting
- High integrity and confidence to be able to call out poor or inappropriate behaviours
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen
- Track record of managing statutory and regulatory compliance
- Accountable, delivers on promises and follows through on commitments even in challenging circumstances
- Fully qualified accountant
- Operated in complex matrix environment of similar size and scale and able to inspire confidence at the centre whilst working collaboratively with the local business to help them be successful in the market
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. To apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary, please apply today, we are looking forward to conducting interviews.