Status: Permanent full-time position
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (flexible system)
Salary range: £25,000-£45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
We welcome applications from software developers with a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject.
You will be working on our range of social care products or a variety of client projects involving a broad range of software and web technologies. Our work is rewarding and challenging so a very important attribute will be your enthusiasm to learn.
Candidates must have experience in:
- Object-oriented software development with languages like C#, Java and C++
- Databases & SQL - Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
Experience in any of the following will be useful:
- ASP.Net - MVC, Web API, Web Forms
- Mobile app development - web, iOS and Android
- PHP - particularly WordPress development
- Experience with Agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Working in multidisciplinary teams that include designers and front-end developers
Strong communication skills are essential as successful candidates will be working directly with clients. Candidates should be interested in seeing through the complete life cycle of a project from specification and design to implementation.
The scope of the work you could be involved with
- Projects for clients developing custom software
- Products for central or local government
- A research project
- Solutions for innovative SMEs or global companies
- Part of a team devising specification requirements and implementation plans
Some of the key benefits of being at OCC
- Working with mainstream and emerging technologies, developing your skills in these and related technologies
- Opportunity to be involved in innovative research and development
- Be at the forefront of technological developments
- Variety - we work with a wide range of clients and a broad range of technologies, so projects are always different and we’re constantly learning
Based at our offices in central Oxford - easy access to public transport
We work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS (formerly CRB) check as part of our recruitment process.Visa information
Oxford Computer Consultants (OCC) does not hold a sponsor licence from the British government and is unable to sponsor overseas applicants (outside the European Economic Area) who require sponsorship to work in the UK.