Java Developer / Engineer / Programmer
On offer a Salary circa £25,000 to £35,000Pa. Plus Excellent Benefits and Perks
Our client established in 1986 and has since grown to become a multi-million-pound investmentorganisation, within the financial sector. The organisation consists of a number of businesses which provide products and services in the Financial Services arena. The Group continues to see strong positive organic growth and will look to continue to expand through further acquisitions where this is viable.
The successful candidate will join the Systems Development Team at their headquarters in Bolton. The Systems Development Team design, build and maintain Java-based solutions to support the ever growing and complex needs of the business. Their Java product is integral and critical to all areas of the business and since the firm is going through rapid expansion in both headcount and new business this is an exciting time for a Java Developer to join this team whilst they evolve their software platform to be scalable, resilient and in line with industry best-practices. They partner closely with the Business Analyst Team and generally follow iterative and Kanban based project management principles.
Main duties will be
- To design, build, deliver and maintain high quality software solutions for the Business
- To be effective during all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, delivery, training and knowledge share) in accordance with current industry best-practise.
- To work in line with company and team objectives, ensuring adherence to relevant internal procedures and FCA regulations.
- To continually evaluate and refine standards and best-practices in the Java Development Team
- To be able to present and contribute in team and project meetings
- This role provides an excellent opportunity to put your mark on a small but business critical team.
Skills set Required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Core Java
- Good understanding of OOD and Java design patterns.
- Source code management e.g. Git or similar
- SQL and Relational databases e.g. MySQL or similar
- Java Swing UI development a bonus
- Java development environments e.g. NetBeans or similar
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Educated to degree level in Information Technology (or related)
- Any industry Java related qualifications a bonus
- Minimum 1 year of Core Java commercial experience
- Providing end user support
- Financial services experience a bonus.
Benefits: This is a role created due to growth.
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 7% non-contributory pension
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service at 5 x annual salary
- 35 hour working week
- Training for IOC and other relevant qualifications
- Exam completion bonus £500 (IOC)
- Study leave
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Eye test reimbursement
- Additional 1.5 days discretionary Christmas leave
- Christmas party and paid for social events during the year
- 13 weeks fully paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Perkbox membership - access to more than a hundred rewards, ranging from free food in major UK restaurants, to movie tickets, to phone insurance and more.
To find out more about this exciting yet challenging role please submit your CV ASAP. And GLM Recruitment will be in contact with all suitable applicants within one working week.
Please note only people with the right to work and live within the European Union will be considered for this role.