Senior Infrastructure Engineer
On the back of continued expansion, this well known international technology business is looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of all systems that comprise or support the operation of the live applications and back-office systems, including development environments. Operating in a DevOps environment, you will work closely with the business and operational stakeholders as well development teams as the Subject Matter Expert in researching, designing and implementing solutions to solve opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of strategic technical projects.
- Business analysis to gathering requirements and convert into technical specifications.
- The automation of cloud services and managing and scaling the architecture.
- Day to day management and support of the company's infrastructure and applications.
- Ensure standards and all internal policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Deputise for the Infrastructure Manager as required.
- Perform rota based on-call (out of hours) support.
- Resource management
You will be an experienced Infrastructure Engineer/Systems Administrator having managed both Windows Server and Linux systems. In addition you will have exposure to:
- Scripting (Powershell / Bash) particularly around automation
- Configuration and management of monitoring, support and alerting systems
- Cloud Experience (AWS / Azure / Google etc.)
- Build and Deployment Tools (Jenkins, Github, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity etc.)
- Deploying resilient, scalable, and highly-available solutions
- Awareness of the full systems development lifecycle