Supported Living support worker
Support Worker: Supported Living Young People and adults with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Autism
Location: Multiple Locations:
- Port Talbot
Pay: up to £7.50 and £8.16 per hour (depending on experience/qualification) plus £60 per night. As an illustration, if a ( Level 1 Support Worker does 1 sleep-in per week, on a full time salary rate, they could earn £19,093 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
Contracts: Full time-37.5 hours, or part time contract between 10-30 hours.
Experience preferred but not essential - Full Training and Induction provided
Driver: Full Driving Licence Desirable but would be a massive advantage
I am currently recruiting for a range of Flexible support workers to work a range of shifts on Full Time or Part Time contract. This specialist care provider offers incredible opportunity for career progression in an industry with massive career potential.
My Client is seeking caring, committed, passionate and resilient individuals to deliver first class support and care. Ideally the successful applicants will have a background in looking after vulnerable people with Learning Disabilities and complex care however that is not essential for the right individuals as full training is provided with an excellent induction programme aimed to give the right individuals a great start to working in Adults specialist services.
- Working with our service users to support their education and individual life programme, promoting skills and independence whilst maintaining safeguarding procedures
- Promoting life skills and independence in the home, developing domestic and personal skills
- Documenting all service user activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care
- Managing challenging behaviour, helping to develop self-control techniques
- Core Values to work within the Health and Social Care industry
- Get up and Go attitude
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work a range of shifts
- Qualified to Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent or willing to work towards.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with complex and challenging behaviour
- Support workers earn between £7.50 and £8.16 per hour
- Extra pay for Sleep ins -Support Worker will earn £60 per night. As an illustration, if a (Support Worker does 1 sleep-in per week, on a full time salary rate, they could earn £19,093 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
- When travelling in work time Support Workers are paid 45p per mile travel expenses
- Support Workers receive 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) (pro-rata for part time)
- Career progression
- Excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and Retail Discount Packages
- Onsite free parking.
If you are a dynamic, adaptable and compassionate individual with experience or qualification as a Residential Support Worker and can commit to working a range of shifts, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary range between £14,681.25- £15,912 per annum plus sleep in allowance (£60 per night) for the right candidates.
If this vacancy is of interest to you please apply immediately via the Apply Button, for further details please call Sarah-Jane on or alternatively email your CV through.
- PLEASE SPECIFY WHAT ARE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN!!