SEN Teaching Assistant required
GF Associates Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a secondary school based in the Trafford area. We are seeking an experienced SEN teaching assistant to work with pupils aged 11-19 on a long term basis. As part of a forward thinking, innovative team you will be required to work both on a 1:1 and small group basis supporting the pupils in all aspects of school life.
Experience and knowledge of working alongside students with severe learning difficulties would be ideal. In addition to these special educational needs, a significant proportion of pupils also have challenging behaviour.
The school has high expectations of both its staff and pupils and manages pupils’ behaviour with exceptional skill and great sensitivity. This leads to a happy productive working environment for all. The school are seeking an individual who can embrace this way of working.
This role will include various tasks such as;
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
- Leading activities 1:1 with a pupil/pupils
- Implementing behaviour strategies.
- Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
- Working in partnership with teachers and other TA’s to provide a stable, positive environment for learning.
- Supervising community activities with the pupils.
Candidates must be able to fully commit the post which commences as soon as possible
Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure with the update service will have ideally undertaken Team Teach training although Team Teach isnt essential.
Please attach your CV, if you feel you have the skills to perform well in this role and you have a passion for children’s learning and development.