Payroll Manager (01342)
Location: Shared Service Centre - Wolverhampton
Employment type: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Salary: up to £38,166
Closing Date: 23 January 2018
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
About the role
Leading a team in the provision of a full in-house payroll service for 6000+ employees, you will ensure a customer focussed and timely service, supporting managers and local administrators across 150+ sites. You’ll be our expert in planning and supporting the implementation of changes to terms and conditions, pay rules etc and take the lead on payroll advice for managers at all levels and developing and improving internal processes and systems. Of course you’ll be the lead in ensuring timely statutory/year end provision and build great relationships with internal and external partners and HMRC.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be calm, positive, proactive, flexible, resilient and determined
- Considerable experience of managing a payroll team
- In depth knowledge of statutory payroll requirements and experience of HMRC payroll returns
- To be able to horizon scan and plan ahead for internal and external changes
- Pensions knowledge and understanding
- Experience of automating and streamlining business processes
- Experience of implementing effective financial controls
- To have strong people skills, both as a leader and in developing working relationships with others
- To have excellent communication skills and strong problem solving ability
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the possible option to buy or sell (salary sacrifice)
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice)
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice)
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 6,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
Leonard Cheshire Disability welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.