Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one - and that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.
Responsible for providing the organization QA & QC related services and support to ensure that products, processes, and procedures are performed in support of division goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and customer or regulatory requirements and quality standards. Possess an understanding of inspection principles, concepts and through practical demonstration perform a variety of inspections.
- Perform inspection by using a variety of inspection measuring and test equipment to determine acceptance or rejection of material or parts.
- Interpret and work within the guideline of drawings, specifications, charts, procedures and other data to determine acceptance or rejection of materials or parts.
- Assist in the review and disposition of non-conforming material, including dispositions or rework, scrap and return to supplier.
- Maintain accurate and current inspection and/or testing records such as, but not limited to Material Certifications, Inspection/Test Results and Reports, Certificates of Conformance, Traceability Logs, Rejection Reports/Tags, as required by the applicable procedure and/or specification.
- Interface with and assist customer / government source inspectors and auditors, as necessary.
- Coordinate and inform other departments of inspection and/or testing status in support of production and project goals and initiatives
- Perform calibration on inspection/test equipment used to support product acceptance
- Promote and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- May also perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years engineering inspection experience
- Ability to perform semi-complex dimensional detail part inspection
- Ability to use inspection equipment; such as: Surface Plate, Height Gage, Comparator, Hand tools, gauges, etc.
- Ability to perform detailed review of documentation/certification to requirements
- Ability to apply visual inspection techniques
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in and promote a team environment.
- Software/Computer (ie. Microsoft applications)
- Flexible to accept other assignments
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge and use
- Gage calibration knowledge and techniques (preferred)
- Time Served / ONC
- Training will be given.
Immediate interviews offered for the right candidates.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.