CNC Machinist - Kent
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, SALARY c£30k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CNC Machinist to join a leading Global Defence Technology & Security Organisation, based in Kent.
The CNC Machinist will be responsible for conducting the processing/machining of explosive materials/articles and associated rigs/equipment.
- Delivery of accurately machined explosive components often with new complex shapes/designs to Project Managers/Delivery Leads/Customers.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the HSE requirements applicable to energetic materials processing and machining. (Training will be given for a successful applicant with limited knowledge of explosives.)
- Validate new machining computer programs and demonstrate that they are fit for purpose.
- Provide support for the construction of work programme costing including time estimating.
- Develop new practical skills and broaden knowledge through on-the-job training and/or external training.
- Support proactive maintenance of machining equipment.
- Strong relevant work experience or the completion of an Apprenticeship with a further three years relevant work experience.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and assist in the development of cutting plans.
- Successful completion education within a relevant Engineering discipline, a BTEC or NVQ at Level 3.
- Exhibit a high level of competence in the use of different software for the programming of remote CNC mills and lathes to include the writing of new and complex programs.
- A strong ethos on the importance of safety, operational efficiency and project delivery.
- Have a good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the machining processes, procedures and systems.
- Apply other corporate software for example Word and Excel in project delivery.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview.