An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Product Quality Planning Engineer ( APQP ) with strong Mechanical Engineering know-how to join the Quality department of a global aerospace manufacturing business based in Consett, County Durham. The company has been enjoying substantial investment, resulting in business growth, and a strong future.
To ensure error free product launches based on robust designs and stable, capable processes throughout the supply chain. Voice of Customer and strive to become the expert in Customer systems and Customer specific requirements.
In this role you will be the primary Quality contact for customers and will be responsible for coordinating the quality objectives for products through the pre-launch process and into manufacturing. This position will work closely with customers, engineering, supply base and manufacturing to ensure that quality objectives are met.
- Accurate and timely completion and reporting of planned activities (APQP status reporting)
- To ensure that process validation is completed for each element of the APQP process
- To obtain Customer Specific Requirements for the programme and convert these into deliverables for the project team / plant; you will be the primary Quality contact for customers
- Closely working with the quality team to ensure component APQP Status is fully managed and the PPAPs are also completed to the required expectations / on time to support the overall project
To be considered or this position you will have the following experience and skills:
- Substantial experience in a similar position; managing / creating quality objectives to ensure product quality
- HND/degree qualified in the fields of mechanical engineering or have equivalent skills and knowledge
- Experience with APQP, PPAPs submission (levels 1-5), Design / Process FMEAs,
- Must have good communication skills to work with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues (8-D, 7-Steps, 5 Whys, Quality Alerts)
- Flexibility to travel to customer and other manufacturing facilities
- Competent handling of MS Office programs
- Analytical thinking and understanding process capability and variation
- Experience of APQP status reporting and successful launches
- Ideally Six Sigma and lean green or black belt trained
- Experience of metrology techniques, calibration standards and systems, measurement error and its sources and control and maintenance of measurement standards and devices
- Experience in the Aerospace industry and understanding of AS 9100 standards would be advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity to become a pivotal member of the quality engineering department of this developing business.