Strategic Value Chain Manager
Permanent Strategic Value Chain Manager £40,000 - £44,000 , Birmingham/Bedford
Your new company
Highly reputable organisation with exciting prospects - ideal central location with modern offices based either in Birmingham or Bedford
Your new role
To contribute to the achievement of Value Chain Plan Development and Delivery work stream objectives by taking ownership of Value Chain strategy delivery for assigned Value Chain areas such as Modularisation, Surveys, Design, Products, Capability and Capacity VCP solutions
- Managing and building effective relationships with key internal and supply chain stakeholders to promote and support the embedment of Value Chain strategy arrangements and initiatives (including frameworks)
- Analyse performance of Value Chain arrangements against the organisation and its' Value Chain objectives to deliver improvement opportunities
- Identify and manage Value Chain risks that impact performance and delivery
- Strategy formulation: Develop specific plans to deliver the organisation's wide Value Chain Plan management strategy within assigned Value Chain area
- Strategy implementation: Implement the Value Chain Plan strategy for assigned Value Chain area
- Apply and implement commercial strategies and solutions to meet business requirements for assigned Value Chain areas by collaborating with the Commercial and Delivery teams within the organisation
- Contribute to the organisations' Value Chain Plans that support the investment programmes to improve delivery efficiency and performance.
- Work with the Commercial, Procurement and Supply Chain teams to develop appropriate procurement approach for assigned Value Chain area
- Support and promote Value Chain strategy arrangements and initiatives with the Supply Chain and the organisations' Business Units to improve performance against their objectives
- Analyse and review performance and benefits of the existing and new arrangements
What you'll need to succeed
You must be able to demonstrate you have experience within performance improvement/innovation, stakeholder management, collaboration , building business cases and analysing data. You must be competent in strategic planning and implementation, understanding/applying a value chain approach to improve delivery, project and risk management, commercial insight and performance and be committed to deliver high quality services. A strong proven track record in major procurement exercises is required (inviting/selecting tenders, managing contracts) and contract development work (knowledge of a wide range of contract types and forms and their application to business need) - though you do not need to have come from a procurement background strictly.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, apply to find out more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.