Stores Person (MRO experienced)
Our client are a national distribution and engineering company. They are currently looking to recruit a Stores Person with MRO experience, to be based onsite within their Distribution and Engineering operation in Newport Pagnell. This is a key role with prime responsibility to provide on-site single Point Of Contact support, in relation to day-to-day MRO products and services.
- Utilising the company's systems; recommending, sourcing, procuring, expediting and technical assistance for their core products & services.
- Delivery of customer contractual commitments, supported by Regional D&E team.
- Manage identification, sourcing and procurement of MRO requirements (Core product areas) on behalf of the customer.
- Identify, implement and manage opportunities for Continuous Improvement by working with customer engineering, purchasing and production teams.
- Liaise with site Engineering teams, and the company's technical resource, to proactively identify and deliver cost savings opportunities, through engagement with Product Business units and Field Application Engineers.
- Regular attendance at contract review meetings and in-house engineering meetings.
- Ensure delivery of cost savings and manage the supplier relationship to deliver highest levels of service and availability.
- Expediting and management of new orders and the outstanding order book to achieve delivery performance to the agreed due date. Ensure regular communication as required with customer stakeholders.
- Identify, implement and manage consigned stocks within contractual commitments (where applicable).
- Monitor, be responsible for and promote health and safety within the site operation, ensuring adherence to the company's Customer Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant business experience, and exposure to sales processes and MRO product sourcing.
- Comfortable working within a "matrix" organization structure.
- Experience in raising and preparing sales and cost-saving quotations.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Proficient user of windows based programmes, Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence.
- Knowledge of Industrial Consumables / MRO market and products and their applications.
- Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Higher Education in Business Commercial Management or Engineering is preferred.
- Sales and customer relationship development skills. Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations.
- Communication and inter-personal skills.
- Understanding of Profit and Loss and Margin management.
- Development of sales and profit budgeting, in line with the company's processes.
A competitive salary is offered, based upon qualifications and experience.
If you may be interested in this role, please apply at your earliest convenience.