Salary up to £32,000
Our client is one of the industry leading private healthcare providers who is seeking an Nurse to join their busy hospital team. The successful applicant will ensure a comprehensive level of care provision ensuring the patient is regularly updated to encompass change and will deliver highly skilled patient-centered care to all ophthalmic patients within the hospital.
Duties of this role include:
- The post holder works as an autonomous practitioner providing care for patients accessing the Community Ophthalmic Service, using specialist knowledge and skills.
- The post holder will be expected to ensure the provision of high quality patient focused in partnership with the Ophthalmic Clinicians.
- The post holder will provide support, and act as a resource to staff of all levels, and develops nursing practice in the delivery of care to ophthalmic patients, through innovative strategies.
- To take an active role in the development of ophthalmic treatment in the Community and work closely with clinicians as appropriate.
Applicants for this Ophthalmic Nurse position should meet the following criteria:
- NMC registered as an Adult Nurse/RGN
- Experience within an Ophthalmology setting, ideally with experience in a theatre or multi skilled Ophthalmic role
- Ideally have completed a recognised mentorship or clinical supervision qualification along with ALERT/BLS/ILS & ALS training
- Sound clinical skills including basic phlebotomy and ECG monitoring experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- To undertake all mandatory training as required.
- To undertake specific equipment training as required.
- Actively participate in induction programmes for new colleagues and provide ongoing support.
- Participate in clinical supervision, staff training and departmental meetings as required.
For more information and or to apply please call Jenna O'Rourke on and or email