Technical Operator, Mechanically Bias
Dept: Operations £32K per annum, 4 days on 6 days off.
Job title: Technical Operator, Mechanically Bias (Shifts)
Reporting to: Crew Leader
1. Purpose of the role
Responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE), ensuring asset performance is consistent and reliable. You will be involved in basic fault finding and prevention of breakdowns and first line maintenance as well as carrying out basic Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
You will take real ownership for your equipment and area and will provide training of operational staff when needed as well as assisting the day engineers with break downs and will work as part of the team to produce goods in line with the agreed production plan, resolve problems and issues as they arise, continuously supporting the monitoring of performance, operational processes and the overall production environment.
2. Main accountabilities and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include….
* Maintaining Housekeeping, Health & Safety and Quality Standards in your area in line with the business needs.
* Complying with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), ensuring converting equipment is run at optimum performance at all times.
* Completing maintenance, ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and on time - reporting any issues to the Crew Leader.
* Ensuring all other engineering documentation is completed accurately at all times, raising any concerns or downtime to the Crew Leader.
* Operating process equipment as the business requires and having sound operational knowledge.
* Dealing with breakdowns on the production lines to ensure optimum performance.
* Working in line with the production schedule, ensuring that product is produced to the correct specification and in line with customer requirements.
* Using technical skills in line with the business needs.
* Supporting continuous improvement activity as directed.
Any other duties in line with the business needs as required.
4. Experience and background requirements
2 Years FMCG experience in similar role.
5. Technical / specialized knowledge
Functional knowledge Process Skills - able to run efficiently run equipment. Multi-skilled Mechanical bias Engineer with relevant supporting qualifications. FLT licence is also desirable.
Problem solving Pragmatic and resilient approach to problem solving. Can do attitude.
Nature and area of impact The ability to organise, and implement changes.
Communication skills Good verbal communication skills.
Team Skills Be an effective Team Member