Owner Information Author - vehicle operating instructions
Our automotive client based in Dunton, Essex are looking for Owner Information Author’s for long term contracts.
Owner Information Authors are required to author Owner Information (vehicle operating instructions) that are fully compliant with Global Authoring Standards and enable our customers to get the maximum benefit from their vehicle/vehicle features while minimizing the occurrence of DTU (difficult to understand) TGW (things gone wrong).
Authors are required to use both standard Office and custom software applications (training provided) to author content comprising of descriptive text and supporting graphics. Authors will be assigned a number of commodities and will be responsible for providing the completed content to support all European vehicle lines in line with communicated timing objectives. Authors will be expected to manage their own time and priorities in order to meet timing objectives. They will be expected to report status during regular team meetings. Authors will be expected to proactively engage in Global Owner Information and associated innovation initiatives and cooperate/support regional counterparts during the development of content for non-European LVEA vehicle lines.
Typical duties include:
- Identify new model/feature coverage requirements through forward model research using PDLs (Program Direction Letters) and collaboration with Engineering SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Create Product Specifications and Variants that are fully compliant with Global conventions to support downstream development, translation and publishing.
- Author content that is clear, consistent and fully compliant to Global Authoring Standards in line with communicated timing requirements.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Appreciation of the Global automotive environment and diversity of consumer needs.
- Experience in authoring customer-facing instructional information.
- Knowledge and experience of working with content management systems and xml.
- Able to develop consistency to strictly defined Global Authoring Standards.
- Ability to appropriately prioritise tasks and deliver on objectives.
- Confident communicator able to work well in a team both at a local and global level but equally focused on own commodity assignments.
If you are interested in this role and have the skills required Apply now!