Buyer / Planner
Buyer / Planner
£22,000 - £25,000 plus benefits
Our client is a textile company operating across the UK and Europe and now due to their ever expanding growth have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Buyer / Planner to join their Lancashire based office.
The main purpose of your role will be to maintain the forecasting and stock management of a profile of products and suppliers to ensure customer demand can be met working within company budgets and stock targets. You will be managing quality issues with suppliers and re-acting to customer demand accordingly; whilst placing bulk orders with suppliers and issuing regular call-offs.
- Forecasting and stock management for a portfolio of products / suppliers
- Re-scheduling orders with suppliers and communicating these with suppliers
- Managing promotional stocks of products to ensure they fit with sales plans
- Management of stock take process with external suppliers
- Manage and monitor the movement of stocks between suppliers and ensure sufficient stocks are available to meet forecast demands
- Ensure monthly budget spend is adhered to in all currencies
- Setting up of product codes/descriptions/costs on the system to support new product launches
- Following up any relevant sampling/testing requirements from suppliers
- Monitor critical path to ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure product specifications are set up and agreed with relevant suppliers
- Assist in reviewing and developing existing systems, document and change/improve accordingly
- Raising Purchase Orders as required
- Documentation and filing of core supplier information on ongoing basis
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working as Buyer / Planner - preferably within a Textiles environment. You will have a high level of competency in Excel as well as solid communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, driven and adaptive individual, looking to progress their career in a fast-paced company.
For further information please contact one of specialist consultant quoting REF: NJR7327
KEYWORDS: Buyer, Planner, Forecasting, Textiles, Procurement, Suppliers, Stock, Purchase orders