My client is a hugely successful company that are one of the market leaders in their particular field in the UK. Due to internal restructuring a vacancy has arisen for an experienced Credit Controller to join the existing team at their modern offices in Exeter.
Reporting into a Senior Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Making regular telephone contact with customers to ensure that invoices have been received and are being processed for payment within agreed terms
- Dealing with any queries and resolving on a timely basis
- Effectively liaising with the Sales Administration team and/or other offices as required.
- Chasing overdue payments, escalating as required to the Manager
- Identifying any problem accounts or debts and placing on stop or taking other preventative action in line with current procedures
- Issuing monthly statements to customers
- Maintaining up to date notes against each customer detailing actions taken and to be taken - diarising and following up as necessary
- Monitoring customers on Credit Assessment software to identify changes in credit risk
The successful Credit Controller will have:
- At least two years' experience of working within Credit Control and be confident and competent chasing debts over the telephone
- Excellent communication skills and will have a proven ability to manage a changing workload within a fast-paced corporate environment
- High levels of professionalism with a strong work ethic
- Strong negotiation skills