Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently working alongside a market leading business based in Derby to appoint a Finance Manager to the team.
This is a permanent opportunity paying £40,000-£45,000 per annum + Benefits
The role of Finance Manager will require you to have strong management experience with a team of 6 transactional staff reporting directly into you. Working directly with the Finance Director you will be a trusted member of the management team and will be required to have good attention to detail.
Principle Accountability's Management Accountant
- Work closely with the Finance Director
- Ensure accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payments and credit control run smoothly
- Monitor aged debt position
- Oversee month end processes including: Bank Reconciliations, Preparation of Debtors and Creditors, Prepayments, Accruals, Review of Sales and Purchase Ledgers, Review of Purchase Control system, Review of Fixed Asset Register.
- Oversee weekly payment runs
- Review and approve payroll for monthly paid staff
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Oversee VAT returns and submissions, to include EU trading
- Ad Hoc projects as required
Skills and Experience
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified desirable but not essential
- Strong Systems Skills (Navision ideally)
- Good communication skills both with your team and other stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail and a satisfaction in accuracy
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills (ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively)
This role really is an excellent opportunity to join a company that will offer genuinely career development and progression. You will have the opportunity to build and grow the team as the company progresses. This role really offers the opportunity to join a growing and expanding organisation in a key role that will help shape that growth.
If you are an experienced Finance Manager looking for a new role in and around Derby please do get in touch