Small Business Development Manager
Small Business Development Manager, Customer Banking covering North East England
Salary £35k - £40k DOE plus competitive bonus and banking benefits
Location: North East England
An exciting opportunity exists within the Yorkshire Bank, Small Business Development Team right now. If you're passionate about playing a key role in winning new to bank business relationships, whilst playing an important part in the continued growth of one of the largest challenger bank franchises in the UK as a credible alternative to the big UK banks across the financial sector, then please read on.
Our efforts focus most on areas where we can bring superior knowledge and expertise through the personal attention of a manager who is dedicated to help meet our customers banking needs and their financial requirements.
Therefore we are looking for an ambitious motivated individual with the proven ability to advise, assist and help drive new business opportunities. We are seeking a candidate who will take responsibility for proactively driving and implementing valuable solutions, working with a wider team of specialists to tailor services that will help new business customers meet their individual financial goals.
This role is about…..
• The Small Business Development Manager role is responsible for business development within a strategically important city location.
•Using your extensive knowledge of banking products and services, networking with local communities and businesses and leveraging relationships across Customer Banking to provide the customer with an exceptional customer experience, enhance our brand presence within the City and grow our customer base.
• Being responsible for business development within the Small Business Segment as well as being a key lead generator for specialist sales and referrals to the private, retail and commercial segments.
• Being accountable for lending drawdowns, cross sales and referrals to other parts of the business. The role holder will be expected to have a deep understanding of Business Products and understanding business customer needs. The role holder will require good credit skills to enable them to write a credit application and hold a Delegated Lending Authority.
We need you to have….
A sound knowledge of the external financial services industry
• Proven and successful track record of lending drawdowns, cross sales and referrals to other parts of the business
• The ability to build relationships with the Contact Centre Team and integrate with retail and private creating a compelling offering for new to bank customers
• Significant experience of business development in these product segments and customer markets
• Significant experience of building and maintaining sustainable customer and sales growth
• Significant experience engaging with the local community and local business community to build relationships for sustainable business development and growth
• Sound knowledge of operational risk, quality assurance processes and compliance policies
• Completion of Moodys training will be a requirement and ongoing completion of CPD to enable the role holder to maintain their Delegated Lending Authorities
We would like you to have….
Banking / Financial service experience within Small Business with an understanding of products & services
• Experience of acting as representative for an organisation in the external environment, likely in Chamber Events
• Knowledge of internal / external & legal compliance requirements
• Ability to work to & deliver results in line with current expectations
• Proven ability to use own and new networks for business development
We will look after you with…
• 30 days holiday PLUS public holidays, if that's not enough, you have the option to buy even more!
• A flexible working pattern between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, the great news is we work 35 hours per week, so an example shift would be 9am-5pm with an hours lunch
• The opportunity for structured career progression and to earn bonus
• Not forgetting our pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products
• Private Medical Insurance
• Income Protection and Life Assurance
• Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices