Head of Operations - Glasgow
As Head of Operations your responsibilities will include:
* Be accountable for the leadership and management of the Professional Services Support Office, ensuring an efficient and effective service is delivered in alignment with organisation strategy.
* Lead, manage and develop the Professional Services Management Support team in the provision of pre-and post- award support, ensuring that support staff members are appropriately deployed to meet the needs of Principals across the organisation
* In conjunction with Senior Management, set the criteria for assessment of risk, strategic fit & feasibility in line with business strategy and provide guidance to Project Co-ordinators for escalated and more complex projects.
* Manage the ongoing development and implementation of systems and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in the performance of the Professional Services Management Support Office service.
* Ensure robust operational processes are deployed to support effective co-ordination of information to support the Organisation.
* Significant leader and contributor in the broader remit representing the Organisation as part of the transformation programme for professional services to support the strategic direction of travel and the delivery of required business benefits.
As a successful Head of Operations, you will have:
* Substantial knowledge of governance and business processes in a large complex Organisation
* Track record of leading change and transformation across a complex organisation
* Strong stakeholder management, business partnering and customer service are essential.
* Broad knowledge of lean /process improvement and change management.
* Broad/deep knowledge of financial management expertise gained as a senior professional, developing insightful analytics and management information to inform high quality decision-making
* People management skills including leadership, coaching, work allocation and development
* Project management - both short-term deadline driven and longer term involving multiple conflicting deadlines and coordination across multiple organisational units.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* High degree of numeracy including data analysis and presentation skills.
* Drive for results oriented.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* High level of influencing and negotiating skills.
* Highly developed IT skills, particularly database and excel related.
* Ability to think strategically and provide input to strategic planning processes.
* Ability to exercise initiative.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing environments
In return our client will reward you with - salary £50k - £55k per annum, substantial holidays and flexible benefits package.
Please send your CV to Jane Hammond via the application links.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.