Immediate Start - Purchase Ledger Clerk
A rare opportunity to work for a successful organisation with continued plans for expansion, situated in the Luton area. My client require a Purchase Ledger Clerk to start on an immediate basis for a 6 month fixed term contract.
A successful organisation with continued plans for expansion who have an excellent reputation within their industry and have permanent position arise on a regular basis due to the growth they are experiencing
As the Purchase Ledger clerk your role will consist of;
- To ensure efficient and effective, "right first time" processing of supplier invoices into the General Ledger.
- To ensure that all supplier balances on the accounting systems reconcile to supplier statements.
- Matching of invoices to Purchase Requisitions / Purchase Orders, and goods & services receipting.
- Ensure that invoices are properly authorised and coded.
- Responsible for resolving matching and payment issues as they arise.
- Measurement of performance through metrics and key performance indicators (e.g. ageing of supplier balances
- Working and liaising closely with the general ledger team, and other appropriate teams.
- Required to accurately record and control a large number of invoices and payments whilst working to tight deadlines
The ideal Purchase Ledger Clerk will have the the following attributes;
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Previous exposure as a Purchase Ledger experience is desirable
- AAT is desirable
A competitive package and rare opportunity to join a prestigious organisation.