Senior Cloud Engineer (AWS/Azure/DevOps)
Senior Cloud Engineer / Senior 3rd Line Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Cloud / Deployment / AWS / Azure / Agile / Automation / High Availability / Network / Storage / Chester / Cheshire / North West
Our client, a truly innovative technology business with a global reach require a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the team based in Chester. Salary up to £55,000 with a great package - the culture and environment is refreshing!
As the Senior Cloud Engineer you will be deeply involved with the following and more:
- Manage and automate all aspects of our AWS infrastructure (compute, storage, API, network, permissions, etc)
- Optimize cloud infrastructure including ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications and reporting capabilities.
- Work with the rest of the enterprise architecture team to support incubation projects from idea, through viability determination and into an operational model that can be delivered to the support team.
- Focus on automation while developing during service engineering efforts.
- Promote thought leadership throughout IT Shared Services; willing to serve as a mentor to other team members and other teams in the areas of incubation, automation and cloud management.
This is a fast paced, ever-changing environment, so you will likely get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything that involves their cloud services or other service engineering efforts.
So what are we looking for as a Senior Cloud Engineer:
- You have a familiarity with Agile based approaches to software development
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have a wide breadth of experience with multiple coding languages, operating systems, and automation tools
- You have experience with appropriate planning for disaster recovery, high availability, failover and redundancy for cloud deployed applications.
5 + years of professional related experience
Degree in IT or equivalent.
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast- paced environment
It's a modern, bright place that's home to a friendly, dynamic and innovative team. They offer generous benefits; 25 days holiday, great pension schemes, Life Insurance, excellent staff discounts, a great social club but more important is their employees are offered the opportunity to excel in a rapidly growing environment. If you have passion and ambition, then they can support you. Salary up to £55,000 & package including free parking!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960138958