KS1/2 Teacher - Full-time
Start Date: Sep 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our wonderful primary school for an ambitious, qualified, experienced or newly qualified, committed and enthusiastic teacher to join our driven and talented team as a class teacher. This is a great opportunity to further develop excellence in learning within our school and continue to support our young people to achieve well.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who is a creative and imaginative teacher that would relish the career development opportunities provided from working with proactive staff to further develop our school. You must be able to plan highly effectively to meet the needs of all children. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as comprehensive knowledge of the National Curriculum.
We are a warm and friendly, high achieving primary school at the heart of the community with strong links to our local Church.
We are looking for someone who:
- supports and helps promote the school’s Christian ethos
- is a good primary practitioner with proven ‘good’ teaching and learning with the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- is committed to raising standards of achievement
- demonstrates very high expectations of learning, achievement and behaviours
- is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- can lead subject/s (subject/s negotiable) across the school – not for NQTs in their first year
In return we will offer you:
- the opportunity to help shape our future by joining our proactive staff team
- a school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn, enjoy and are proud of their school
- a stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- a welcoming, friendly, highly motivated, talented and dedicated staff team
- a very supportive governing body, local church, parent body and PTA
You are warmly invited to arrange a visit to the school and to discuss the position further with the Headteacher, Miss Mandy Bridges. Please telephone the school office to arrange this.
Fawkham CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including, safeguarding, an enhanced DBS check, references and the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 02/03/2018 at 12:00
Interviews: Friday 9th March 2018
Information about the school
Fawkham CE Primary School is a small four class primary school with 105 children on roll is situated in a stunning rural environment, and is surrounded by its own extensive woodland and outdoor learning areas. Fawkham is housed in a modern building with excellent facilities. We enjoy support from our parents, the church and the community. Our children enjoy school, achieve high standards, and are happy and well-behaved. In 2013, the school received a Good Ofsted inspection grade and an Outstanding SIAMS inspection grade in 2015.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.