Senior Software Engineer - SC Cleared
Job Role: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Warminster or Essex
Salary/Rate: Market Rates
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Senior Software Engineer - Contract - Warminster or Essex - Market Rates
Our client is seeking an experienced and mid-level developer to join their software development team, who will have demonstrable experience designing and developing enterprise-grade Object-Oriented Java applications, including integration with middleware and RDBMS, third-party/open source libraries and handling problems of concurrency and scalability. You will have worked and thrived in an Agile environment, knowing and committing to the responsibilities of an Agile developer; able to show your dedication to delivery.
You'll have great communication skills and be able to use them with senior managers, customers and peers alike. Have a desire to share what you know and guide and lead junior developers and your peers, taking ownership of problems and creating high-quality, comprehensively tested solutions. Also, able to review other solutions, thoroughly, in depth and in detail. You'll be passionate about technology, keeping yourself up to date with changes across the industry and with ideas for how to use them in the product.
- Spring and its sub-projects
- Hibernate (or other ORM framework)
- JUnit (or other Unit Testing framework)
- Web Services, particularly REST, and JSON
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Jasper Reports
- JBoss (or other Application Server)
- Ant or Maven
- Active Directory
Techniques, Concepts or Methodologies:
- Scrum and/or Kanban (or other Agile frameworks)
- OO Design and UML
- OO Design Patterns and/or Enterprise Design Patterns
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Continuous Integration (and, optimally, Continuous Deployment)
- DevOps (including DevSecOps, or other Dev*Ops variant)
- Mapping, Geolocation, Symbology and Geographic Information Systems
Tools (particularly if you have any experience in an administrative role):
- TeamCity (or Jenkins, Hudson, CruiseControl, or other Continuous Integration tool)
- Atlassian JIRA (or ClearQuest, or other Issue Tracking tool)
- Atlassian Crucible/FishEye (or other Code Review tools)
- Open Source libraries and APIs
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960138607