Technology Risk Manager - London Regional Assurance
About the role
London Region Assurance (LRA) is a fast growing business unit with a unique assurance division. If offers a broad range of services, including Audit, Risk Assurance and Transaction Services (TS), all of which are tailored to assist mid-sized and entrepreneurial clients to grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies hugely.
The Risk Assurance team at PwC takes pride in helping clients to identify, measure and manage their risk profile more effectively. Our Risk Assurance specialists offer knowledge and expertise, which extends to clients’ internal controls (including IT systems), technology, non-financial reporting, corporate social sustainability and regulatory compliance.
Our LRA Technology Assurance team focuses on the technology components of the aforementioned. We provide mid- market clients with the advice and assurance that they need in order to drive value and efficiency from technology whilst mitigating key risks to keep their business safe.
About the team
You’ll be an integral member of PwC’s Risk Assurance practice. We help clients to identify, measure and manage their risks more effectively. We offer knowledge and expertise in areas including technology audit, IT operations, strategy & transformation, digital integration, data & analytics, commercial assurance, cyber security, performance assurance, treasury and external and internal audit.
You’ll work in our industry leading, London Top-Tier (LTT) team. Our LTT business unit provides services to a wide range of FTSE 100 clients from both the public and private sectors.
- Being part of a team that performs services including IT risk reviews, programme/project assurance, third party assurance, IT operational, security and data reviews.
- Manage engagement teams, including being responsible for quality of outputs & achieving engagement profitability targets
- Building client relationships through engagement delivery, identifying opportunities to help clients resolve their challenges, and supporting the engagement sales process
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- Taking an active role in people management, plus coaching and developing your peoples’ skills
- Supporting clients in developing their annual technology audit plans and planning individual audits
- Working with our wider practice and other business units to deliver a coherent service to our clients
- Developing existing client relationships and winning new work, including working on proposals and being activity involved in client pitches
- Experience of leading engagement teams and of developing junior members of staff to build a team.
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities.
- Technically strong and numerate with a commercial focus on engagements.
- Ability to understand client issues and translate these into a PwC engagement approach (including approach, budgeting and risk & quality management), drawing on the resources of the firm as required.
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential) with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams.
- Experience in responding to formal and informal client Requests for Proposal (for PwC services).
- Track record in demonstrating a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to follow formal methodologies, apply risk and quality standards and ensure the team’s compliance with these.
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques.
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously as well as lead engagement teams without the need for day to day direct management.
- Experience in advising across a range of IT areas including IT strategy, IT governance, IT management processes, vendor and contract management, IT capability assessments, business systems strategy, selection and evaluation, IT support and operational processes and IT security.
- Experience in evaluating current state processes, developing future state designs, and leading implementation of new ways of working.
- Understanding of IT governance frameworks e.g. CoBiT and end to end processes
- Experience in common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery, e.g. PRINCE 2, PMP, MSP.
- Experience in complex ERP environments including Oracle, SAP or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience in delivering internal audit and advisory assignments.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.