Project Manager - Software development projects / Agile / JIRA
Project Manager - software development projects / Agile /JIRA / Confluence / online products / Content Management Systems / Media / Publishing
Project Manager is required by fast growing and highly successful organisation. You will take full responsibility for the delivery of complex projects from definition to close, managing key stakeholder relationships. The Project Manager's role is to plan, deliver and launch efficient business, financial, and operational solutions in support of core organisational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analysing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Project Manager is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Responsible for full project lifecycle, including;
- From analysing requirements and ensuring a solution design
- Scoping requirements for development teams to implement (where applicable)
- Delivering projects on time and within budget, meeting quality criteria.
- A clear ability to assess and prioritise complex activities along with skillful management of the relationships involved.
- Addresses the complex interrelationships among factors that influence the solutions to business problems.
- Judiciously weighs the pros and cons of various business alternatives.
- Identify which project methodology is most adapted for a project, and use the appropriate approach to drive the project to success.
A highly competent person who has full project life-cycle experience to deliver IT business as usual and new systems development projects.
Working with representatives from all business units, as well as developers, testers and end user, thus strong stakeholder management skills will be required.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Project teams will be made up of blended resource of both internal and external staff, working and managing third parties and vendor based projects as well as in house projects, thus excellent communication and negotiation skills are key.
- Demonstrated project management experience (using both Waterfall and AGILE methodologies)
- Experience in handling software development projects through the entire development life cycle
- Experience using project management software (including Microsoft Project, Confluence and JIRA)
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software & business solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience in the delivery of content management / mobile / publishing systems and standards, as well as business and financial systems.
- Proven track record of issue and risk management and the ability to identify resolutions rapidly and effectively
- Ability to manage projects with aggressive timescales
- Experience of running projects with remote team members
- Ability in deciding where 'quick wins' are suitable
- Confident and effective client and internal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proven track record of effective time management
- Excellent written communication, attention to detail and diplomacy
- Demonstrate problem analysis and resolution skills
- Demonstrate excellent vendor management and negotiation skills
Any experience of working for a news/media/publishing organisation, or with online products associated with content management systems, would be an advantage.
- Project Management Certification:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- AGILE Practitioner or Scrum Master
- Specific experience of delivering projects using AGILE is required
- Knowledge in mixed method project management would be an advantage
- Understanding of software development methods and practices
- Experience using MS Project, JIRA and Confluence is required
- Experience with the migration of finance systems to Salesforce / SAP or similar a big bonus
Excellent training and career development opportunities exist for the right candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960139167