Room Leader / Third in Charge
Room Leader/ Third in Charge
The ‘Little Engineer Nursery’ is now open within the Tottenham Hale Village. The Hale Village is a purpose built development with a diverse community and local amenities close to the excellent transport links. This satellite nursery is part of our Tri School Early Years team and the professional network. Our Nursery is in a purpose built and carefully designed new building, equipped with the best resources.
Little Engineers are looking for an experienced Room Leader or Third in Charge. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who has been either a third in charge or room leader before. Initially you will be managing the baby room of up to 6 babies.
Your role will be to support the deputy manager and fulfil the role in the absence of the deputy manager. As Room leader/Third in charge you will need to ensure that the room is run to a high standard at all times, assist staff members in their practice and oversea the wellbeing and developmental needs of the children. Keeping up with observations is key in tracking children’s developmental needs and this is something that you will be responsible for.
You will have:
- relevant experience within an Early Years setting as a Room Leader
- the ability to lead a team as a Room Leader
- excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and Safeguarding requirements
- great written and Verbal communication skills
- an excellent understanding of what an outstanding nursery provision looks like
- a strong communicator with children, parents and staff
- a positive, clear role model and a willing team player
- an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent or above
- Chance to work alongside three excellent schools in our Academy Trust
- Tabard provided
- 30 days Holiday
- Continued Professional Development
- Excellent Transport links
- Dedicated support from the experienced management team
- Room for progression either in the nursery or into a school environment
Employer: LDBS Academies Trust
Contract type: Full Time – 36 Hrs a week
Contract term: Permanent
Holiday Entitlement: 30 days
To apply please send your completed application form or CV via the button below.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance, and Early Years references. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Salary: Scale 4 Point 18-21 (£19,917 - £21,984).
Closing date: on going.
Interview date: to be confirmed.
Job starts: as soon as possible.