Foundation Teacher - Part-time
Start Date: Apr 2018
Maternity Cover (16th April 2018 - August 2018)
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and dynamic newly qualified or accomplished teacher to join our committed Foundation Stage team, working full time in one of our 3 Reception Classes. Our family of schools nurtures, supports and challenges all staff to be the best that they can be.
Manor Community Primary School is part of Cygnus Academies Trust and is based in Swanscombe, Kent which is 2.4 miles from Bluewater Shopping Centre. There are excellent transportation links, we are 1.5 miles from Ebbsfleet International train station with a high speed link to St. Pancras International taking approximately 17 minutes and to Ashford International taking 20 minutes also connections on the Eurostar to Europe.
We are looking for teachers who can:
- Nurture and excite our Reception children, enabling them to develop their skills so they can be enthusiastic, independent problem solvers.
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Contribute to the wider life at the Academy
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our staff team
We offer excellent professional development opportunities provided by Cygnus Academies Trust. We would also offer:
- Collaborative planning promoting higher quality partnerships and improving work life balance
- 6 PPA days per year in addition to regular PPA time
- A senior leadership team that is committed to building a career path for all staff members enabling them to achieve their future ambitions
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviours and high expectations for all children
- Opportunities to work and collaborate in a variety of settings across the academy trust
A variety of benefits, including:
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff Care Services – Counselling and Support Line
- Retail and travel discounts
- Discounts on restaurants, insurance, entertainment venues and groceries
- Reduced rate gym membership
- Bicycle purchase loans
We encourage all candidates to visit our school where possible. Please contact the School Business Manager by phone on 01322 383314 to arrange a visit.
Please apply via the button below.
Closing Date: Thursday 22nd February 1pm
Interviews: Tuesday 27th February
Information about the school
Cygnus Academies Trust is dedicated to giving all children the advantage throughout these important early stages of their educational journey. Our very successful school gives a commitment to all of our children and families in offering the best life chances possible.
Our many innovative teaching approaches and family atmosphere will give children opportunities without parallel in moving forward in education and into the world of employment or vocation.
Our staff are committed to safeguarding and promoting the care and welfare of children and expects all staff to uphold these principals.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure Application. Please visit our website for more information
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.