Entrepreneurial Private Client, Manager
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our Private Client Tax team. The team, which focuses on Financial Services clients, is growing rapidly and we are looking for high quality candidates to help service our impressive and growing client list. We provide personal and business tax services to individuals, families with an international footprint as well as their trusts within a broad range of industry areas including (but not limited to) private equity, hedge funds, banking and real estate. This includes a broad range of complex cross-border tax consulting including the changes to non-domicile rules, trust and estate planning, partnerships, investment management, international relocation as well as general income tax and capital gains tax planning and tax compliance services. The expanding nature of the business means that you will have a unique opportunity to advise clients in all of these different areas.
You will be based in our More London office near Tower Bridge.
About the role
This is a client facing role. You will be expected to start managing relationships with a range of clients with complex international tax situations from day one. You will also develop our presence in the market place, as well as build your reputation across PwC’s global network. Core focus areas of the role include:
- Engagement Management: You will be responsible for managing your client relationships ensuring that client communication is pitched at the right level and delivered by appropriate team members in a timely manner. You will have responsibility for reviewing complex tax returns and other tax calculations. You will also be responsible for ensuring risk is managed effectively on your clients.
- Team Management: You will be responsible along with the other management team members for managing our team including the development of junior staff through providing technical and soft skill training. You will also be responsible for providing detailed and constructive feedback to your colleagues throughout the year and at formal review times.
- Finances: You will be responsible for the financial management and profitability of your client engagements including preparing budgets, maintaining efficiency and billing on a timely basis.
- Personal technical development: You will be expected to stay current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation in the UK. You will also play a role in the technical development and training of your team both formally through training sessions and in day-to-day interactions.
- Consulting: Together with senior colleagues you will work on consulting projects. This will include producing high quality technical writing for both clients and external marketing that requires little revision supported with technical research using appropriate tools. You will be expected to deepen and drive the technical understanding of a particular area of private client taxation such as trusts, succession or corporate planning for example and build your reputation as a subject matter specialist.
- Network Development: You will establish your reputation within the firm and the external market as a private client professional and use these networks to identify client opportunities and to assist with growing the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written
- Strong experience in the private client tax space, ideally in the Big 4 or a boutique firm or family office environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, train and motivate junior staff
- Cross-border tax experience including knowledge of treaties and international tax planning
- ACA, CTA or ATT Qualified
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.