Graduate Sales Engineer (Mechanical or Automotive)
Key Skills: Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree, Team Player, communication skills, build relationships quickly and maintain them, customer service, focused and organised, ability to think for yourself and be proactive.
You are applying for the position of Graduate Sales Engineer within the Engineering Services department of a well established and successful company.
The Engineering Services department focuses on consultancy projects from a variety of global customers, ranging from top OEM’s to small start-ups with projects that vary drastically in scope and complexity.
They pride themselves on the delivery of high-quality engineering solutions which surpass the customers’ expectations and ensure they're first on the list for any future consultancy work.
The role is based in Nottingham, UK but has a large potential for global travel. All applicants must already be eligible to work in the UK.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be required to work as part of the Sale Team. As a technical sales engineer, you'll use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
As a Graduate Sales Engineer, you'll need to:
- search for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximise client potential in designated regions
- develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- calculate client quotations and administer client accounts
- provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education together with the customer support team
- prepare reports for head office and keep customer records
- meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- make technical presentations and demonstrate on how the product meets client needs
- liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts to offer the best advice to clients
- This role would be suitable for a Graduate in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Ideally knowledge within the Transmission Department
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Candidate would ideally have Sales experience and Engineering qualification
What to Expect
- Graduate Sales Engineers usually split their time between the office and visiting clients
- Positions occur throughout the UK, Europe and US particularly where Manufacturing Companies are concentrated
- Travelling to and from Clients companies, trade shows and conferences
- Monthly trips abroad are typically required
This is an exciting prospect for any recent graduate willing to consider a different career path. This is a consultative sales role, no hard selling!!!. It's about listening to the customer and presenting how the CAE software can help their business. Please apply today to learn more about the role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960139539