Engineering Services Manager
Outline of Role
The Engineering Manager must have strong leadership qualities, as well as excellent communication and problem-solving skills and a keen analytical nature. As a team leader, the Engineering Manager will work with other managerial and project staff to ensure customer requirements are met and projects are costed, planned and completed in an effective and efficient manner. He / She will oversee the department work phase of the product development so that the team meets the companies’ objectives. Work with other engineers within our Department to provide detailed 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings and specifications for gearbox and drivelines.
The role will be based at the Nottingham Headquarters, UK with occasional work on site at client offices expected and overseas client sites is also anticipated
- Reporting to the Board of Directors
- Direct supervision of Engineering sectors and staff within the department
- Assist with the design and analysis of automotive transmission & driveline systems and components, such as gears, shafts, housings, selector systems, clutch systems, hydraulics etc.
- Development of engineering processes and best practises
- Planning for each phase of the project with the Project Managers
- Identify and procure the resources needed
- Working with clients to develop specifications and produce engineering solutions.
- Working with the global sales staff to ensure a first class service provision
- Knowledge of manufacturing, materials and heat treatment process is a definite advantage
- Good team working and communication skills
- A high level of aptitude is expected along with the ability to determine innovative solutions to the numerous design challenges which present themselves during a typical design projects.
- Candidates will also be required to have an understanding of the commercial aspects of a consultancy business and will have some experience in business development.
- Transmission design-analysis CAE tools would be an advantage
- o Time-domain tools such as AMESim/MATLAB-Simulink
- o Multi-body dynamic tools such as Simpack
- o CAD such as Solidworks/CATIA
- Development, mentoring and motivation of direct-reporting engineers
- Project costing and delivery
- Technical and commercial leadership of department
- Generation and maintenance of customer relationships, including writing of proposals
- Management of department labour resources to optimise chargeability
- Compliance with Smart Manufacturing Technology processes and quality standards
- Customer facing / maintaining client relations
- To act as the buffer between Board of Directors and reporting staff
- Recruitment of engineers
- Authorisation of holidays/sick leave
- Identifying training needs
- Maintaining CAE licenses.
- Strong leadership and man-management
- Outstanding organisational experience
- 10 years of Engineering Management experience
- Competency in transmission / driveline design and analysis, from clean-sheet design through to whole transmission drawing release would be an advantage (not essential)
- 23 Days holiday
- 5% pension match
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960139559