Cloud Systems Administrator (AWS/Azure/Linux))
Cloud Administrator / Cloud Deployment / AWS / Linux / Azure / Microsoft/ Chester / Cheshire / North West
Our Chester based client require a Cloud Systems Administrator to join the growing team - Salary up to £45,000 + package
Our client, a truly innovative technology business with a global reach require a Cloud Systems Administrator to join the team based in Chester. Salary up to £45,000 with a great package - the culture and environment is refreshing!
As a Cloud Systems Administrator you will be responsible for analysis, implementation, troubleshooting, and operations administration of end-to-end data flow between cloud-based core systems and end-user consumers across both direct access and content distribution network deployments of web services systems.
Including the following responsibilities:
- You will perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex data and content streaming systems in an Azure, Amazon Web Services cloud deployment environment with significant use of content distribution networks.
- Coordinates and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures system data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recover-ability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernisation of systems. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
This is a broad-discipline system administration role with requirements to manage significant technical diversity in a large cloud deployment enterprise.
So what are we looking for as a Cloud Systems Administrator?
Ideally, significant experience working in cloud deployment... they do lots of this so it would be really useful!
But seriously, you'll need the following technology experience:
We'd like a Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related IT and 5+ years of Systems Administration experience.
Nice to have's:
- Professional certification in a mainstream cloud service provider area (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Professional certification in a mainstream operating system area (Linux, Microsoft, etc)
Experience developing and integrating monitoring and alerting systems and dashboards
It's a modern, bright place that's home to a friendly, dynamic and innovative team. They offer generous benefits; 25 days holiday, great pension schemes, Life Insurance, excellent staff discounts, a great social club but more important is their employees are offered the opportunity to excel in a rapidly growing environment. If you have passion and ambition, then they can support you. Salary up to £45,000 & package including free parking!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960138961