Financial Controller - Permanent - Northampton (Occasional Travel to Glasgow and London)
About Capita | Enforcement Services
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions.
Enforcement specialises in debt collection and related services for local authority and private sector clients and is a business unit in Capita PLC's Public Services Partnerships division. It operates as Equita and Ross & Roberts in England and Wales, and Stirling Park in Scotland.
About the role
The Financial Controller provides financial control to the three businesses (overview only for Scotland), ensuring sound financial governance and challenge whilst contributing to improved profitability and growth through effective financial guidance.
- Manage the finance function across Enforcement (predominantly based in Northampton)
- Support the Finance Director in providing effective leadership and a clear vision to enable a culture of trust, ensuring the delivery of corporate profit goals, alongside ensuring a "no surprises" financial culture
- Support the Enforcement Managing Director and Operations Director to drive through operational and financial improvements, developing a culture of cost effectiveness and improving the quality of management information
- Support the Enforcement Sales & Marketing Director to improve the sales and bidding process, support bidding activity and provide accurate, optimal pricing and structure for bids (including appropriate overhead absorption)
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget and financial forecasts across revenue, cost, capex, working capital, balance sheet, and headcount, working with the Enforcement Finance Director and wider team to ensure the monthly reporting timetable is adhered to
- Act as the key finance contact for Divisional requests and queries, ensuring that they are dealt with effectively and in accordance with deadlines
- Provide financial and commercial input through the business planning process by coordinating, reviewing and challenging the business's submissions
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support and drive sales growth whilst identifying and delivering efficiencies in the back office process
- Be a key member of the SMT with a clear objective of growing the business
- Become a trusted and valued business partner to the operations and sales teams
- Manage and own key finance processes and relationships
- Ensure adequate financial control is in place and adhered to, including all key balance sheet elements (WIP, Fixed Assets, Debtors, A&P)
- Plan and manage monthly MOB reporting
- Act as the interface with Division, responding promptly and accurately to any ad hoc reporting requirements from them and/or Capita Group
- Provide meaningful, value adding analysis on issues impacting the business
- Contribute to and constructively challenge bid and capital investment proposals
- Ownership of forecasting/budgeting/BP processes
- Pro-active support of management on month end issues and produce key analysis schedules
- Relate business performance to financial impact and inform the Enforcement and division senior management teams as appropriate
- Willingness to own and manage the finance function of Enforcement and drive revenue and profit growth
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ACA/CIMA qualified with minimum 7 years PQE
- 5 years minimum people management experience
- Computer literacy to include a strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) - experience of SAP advantageous
- Demonstrate and maintain up to date knowledge of relevant national and international accounting standards and policies applicable to the business, as well as keeping familiar with other external factors such as regulatory changes which could impact operations
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960139703