Processing & Information Excellence Team Member - Full & Part-time positions
Contract: 2 Vacancies:
1x Full and 1x Part-time, Permanent Contracts.
Full flexibility on hours of work
Based: Milton Keynes
If you would like to be part of a busy and collaborative environment with a heart to help vulnerable children, then we need you!
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9th place in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For' in 2016.
To carry out the end-to-end processing of incoming donations to World Vision from supporters, including managing any follow up required with supporters regarding their donations. Maintain Gift Aid documentation and claim processes, ensuring compliance with Gift Aid Scheme rules. Perform the daily ECHO to bank reconciliation and ensure issues are resolved. Assist in banking-related activities to ensure compliance with the relevant scheme, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Opening, sorting and processing of incoming post and gifts, and recording donation information onto the ECHO database; processing donation-related data files using the Echo database and other systems in accordance with agreed service levels.
- Sorting and packing of all cards, letters and gifts for sponsored children and arrange dispatch via courier to the National Offices.
- Deal with any PIE Team-related queries from WVUK teams and supporters, escalating as appropriate.
- Finance-related administration work including updating supporter records on the Echo database, processing Echo ‘tasks’, reconciling income posted onto Echo, and generating letters and emails to supporters within agreed service levels.
- Carry out banking-related tasks and administration work, including submitting the daily Direct Debit BACS File, and preparing cheques and postal orders for collection.
- Carry out detailed Gift Aid-related administration work, including reviewing submissions to HMRC and processing reports.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of income posted to the Echo database against World Vision’s ‘Donor’ and ‘General’ bank accounts.
- Provide a high level, professional customer service and advice to WVUK teams and supporters in relation to income, payment-related processes, Gift Aid, bank reconciliation and sponsor gift related queries.
- Monitor communications from supporters to sponsored children and escalate concerns appropriately.
- Continually review work carried out and the processes used within the team to identify where efficiencies and improvements can be made.
- Work together with other members of the PIE Team to achieve required tasks, escalating to senior colleagues where appropriate.
All applicants must be willing to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2018
Interview dates: 8 & 9 March 2018
World Vision UK is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion and Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please.