Senior Social Media Analyst
We are seeking passionate, proactive and inquiring social media analysts with substantial experience in the field. People who care about changing things, not just talking about it.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, then this is the role for you. You’ll be working with a team to drive action through social media intelligence – effecting behaviour change by finding the most effective way to communicate with target audiences.
We are looking for someone who has extensive experience of using social media management and analytics platforms, and who has the ability to draw insights from these platforms. You must be a driven and independent self-starter, who is also able to think creatively.
We focus on finding practical solutions for our clients, and are always looking for ways to improve. Our varied work ranges from offering solutions for global commercial brands, to countering violent extremism.
This role is based in our central London office, and you will be instrumental in helping accelerate our use of social media analytics in line with our existing framework and methodology.
As this varied role will involve liaising with a large number of both internal and external stakeholders, strong communications skills are essential.
Core values and responsibilities:
- Be passionate about social media intelligence
- Believe in and promote the key role of analytics in campaign management
- Deliver robust analysis and recommendations derived from owned, earned and paid social media
- Use social media intelligence as a research tool to inform campaign strategy and creative planning
- Create and implement measurement frameworks, identifying metrics to measure success and define KPIs that align with clients’ business goals
- Independently optimise live campaigns via close monitoring of real-time social data; provide recommendations to the team that are easy to implement and will improve campaign performance
- Use social media analysis tools to evaluate the success of campaigns and content dissemination, and then feed key learnings into upcoming strategy and planning
- Effectively communicate, in order to successfully land insight and recommendations and ensure the business' key questions have been answered
- Help to optimise the set-up of our social media listening and analytics tools (e.g. queries, dashboards, historic data requests, etc.)
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders
Essential skills and experience for this role:
- Social media analysis experience (3+ years minimum)
- Experience in social listening, having used tools such as Meltwater, Brand Watch, Crimson Hexagon, Synthesio, Sysomos, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Digimind, Pulsar, etc.
- Experience in writing Boolean queries
- Experience in generating social media intelligence reports across owned, earned and paid social media
- Experience in creation and running of social media accounts, including boosting, and use of platforms such as Hootsuite
- Prioritisation – ability to manage a large volume of requests and to prioritise workload
- Languages – fluent in both spoken and written English
Desirable skills for this role:
- Quantitative analysis skills – proficient use of statistical software, including Excel data analysis / visualisations
- Languages – additional languages a bonus
Competencies for this role:
- Technical – possess social media analysis skills, including proficiency in various software / platforms as required
- Leading edge – able to determine applicability of latest thinking to client and business needs. Capable of challenging existing thinking to support rigorous application of methodologies across businesses
- Resilience – enjoy preparing and leading social media analysis at the highest level in a fast-moving, flexible and demanding environment
- Affability – have gravitas, maturity and dependability, with a professional, hard-working and personable attitude. Able to articulate personal view
- Collaboration – able to collaborate across teams at Verbalisation and Global Influence. Understand that this collaboration is in both companies’ DNA
Curiosity – create opportunities for continuous learning and development in the company