Learning Support Assistant Teaching/Child Support - Full-time
CiC One-to-One Learning Coach
To start March 2018
Academy Range 4 (£16,717 pro rata) which equates to £11,467.86 per annum
Fixed Term until 31st March 2019 (subject to funding) - 30 hours per week, term time only plus 5 INSET days
You will have experience of working with children in care and understanding of the education system. You will be capable of working under pressure in a professional and confidential manner. You will have extremely good communication skills and be confident and comfortable working with vulnerable young people and their carers as well as multi agency professionals. You will have good IT skills and will need to have use of a car.
You will have patience, emotional resilience and a consistent and calm approach to managing challenging behaviours. You will have an understanding of issues around attachment as well as energy and a sense of humour. You need to be able to work as part of a team and be organised and efficient in your approach to managing your time and workload to meet deadlines.
- Advocating for the needs of all Children in Care attending the Academy.
- To be familiar with the needs of SEN & CiC pupils and to anticipate their needs with regards to learning, behaviour and organisation
- To be familiar with, or assess quickly the learning objective and content of a lesson
- In liaison with the teacher, to decide upon the best ways of helping targeted CiC students to access the materials and to undertake the tasks
- Assist with students physical needs
- To promote independent learning
- To help build the confidence of all CiC students and to enhance their self-esteem/confidence
- To help supervise practical tasks
- To participate in the assessment of tasks
- When assigned to support individual students, to keep appropriate records and to monitor progress
- To contribute to review meetings
- To be able to deliver the learning to groups of students as directed by the class teacher or Head of Faculty
- Attend Faculty meetings as directed by the Head of Faculty
- Act as a reader or scriber for students who are granted special access arrangements for examinations
Please apply via the button below.
Please note that we will only receive applications made on Academy Applications Forms and will not accept CV’s in isolation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. References will be taken up prior to interview. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at website.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 19th February 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Information about the school
Folkestone Academy offers a state of the art learning environment for over 1800, 11-18 year olds. We believe that all our young people are entitled to an academically rigorous curriculum, supported by a unique form of pastoral care and guidance. We offer an innovative, inspiring place to work with a commitment to personal career development and training.
Our aim is to inspire pupils through the delivery of motivational lessons. The academy has superb teaching talent at all levels, complimented by an energetic and dynamic leadership team. Awarded a Good grading by Ofsted in November 2015, the vision for the Academy is to become an outstanding school within the next five years – a vision that you will play a vital part in.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.