Teacher of English (NQT's Welcome)
'To be, or not to be: that is the question'...
Do you want to be a part of a genuinely lovely English Team who support each other and share ideas?
Do you have the ambition to grow and develop and looking for a school that actively supports this?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a passionate and dynamic Teacher of English to join our successful team of 10. English is at the heart of everything we do; it sustains thought, development and improvement and allows us to communicate effectively to everyone around us. Therefore, we are keen to get on board someone who enjoys teaching the English curriculum and shares our enthusiasm and drive to see our students excel.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder. To give you one specific example, we had two English teachers join us as NQT’s in 2016 and already have been given additional responsibilities to help lead in the English department. ‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’
… If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
- Start Date: September 2018 / July 2018 start for NQT’s who wish to start earlier
- Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale (dependent on experience)
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good; leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.”
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd February at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 28th February 2018
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.