Head of Commerical Finance
fdu is working with a Surrey based client to hire a Head of Commercial Finance who will be responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer in Reporting and Analysis across all commercial contracts, and providing support in adhering to the Financial and Commercial Governance processes underpinning all contracts.
- Challenging performance and ensuring the integrity of monthly forecasts within the forecasting system, ensuring that the forecasts are stretched but achievable;
- Managing the production of monthly management accounts, forecasting, and budgeting and balance sheet reconciliations within set deadlines, ensuring the accurate reflection of financial performance and variances across all contracts;
- Assisting with the annual Business Plan process helping Contract Managers with the setting of stretched but achievable Business Plan forecasts;
- Production and interpretation of a detailed monthly reporting pack, presenting the financial position of each contract stream at monthly reviews with senior management;
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks;
- Understanding a complex client contract's and its financial implications on the business;
- Ensure best practice and standard systems, processes and procedures are in operation, ensuring compliance with policies and rules and proactively strive for continuous improvement.
Skill Sets and Experience:
- Strong academic profile;
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with five + years post qualification experience;
- A commercial understanding and appreciation of a business operating on long term contract model;
- Strong management accounting experience, covering complex and detailed budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis;
- Strong experience of Commercial contracts; NHS contract experience is advantageous as would an understanding of joint ventures, partnerships and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s);
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role;
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture".
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - the ability to liaise effectively with non-finance staff and at all levels.
- Strong team management experience; ability to motivate;