Risk Advisory Consultants - London -
Our client a global consulting firm has one of the UK’s leading risk advisory practices, providing advice to help clients manage risk and improve their business performance. The role is to work as part of the corporate team servicing FTSE 250 + companies, effectively providing a hands on advisory service that exceeds client expectations. The team delivers objective, value-added solutions that will enable clients to strengthen internal controls and governance processes, implement sound organisational strategies, increase technological capabilities and improve their operational efficiency.
- Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, in business risk services they support businesses by providing the necessary advice to help them manage and improve their business performance. You’ll provide organisations of many different sizes with the advice and solutions they need to navigate complex risks and challenges. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
- Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. Our client is determined to help shape a vibrant economy in the UK and beyond. They empower their people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for their clients, their business, and everyone at the firm. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen…..
- People passionate about supporting , advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a vibrant economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our Clear values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- You should have 3-5 years’ risk advisory experience gained in professional services or industry.
• Responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with all clients.
• Assist in developing audit committee papers.
• Develops informal networks to keep abreast of emerging issues.
• Be an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well being.
• Assists in employee development, motivating and coaching trainees by giving regular feedback and promptly competing assignment appraisals.
• Inputs to all assignment appraisals for junior team members, and also completes self job appraisal and six-monthly forms on a timely basis.
• Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for CPD purposes.
• Adheres to firm's risk management policies.
• Prepare draft terms of reference/audit planning document prior to meeting the client ensuring any revisions are processed.
• Agree first draft of assignment budget for review with manager/ partner and/or client.
• Create new and reviews existing work programmes to align delivery to terms of reference
• Overseas and performs fieldwork as applicable to review.
• Documents field work in line with the firms methodologies.
• Discusses issues as they arise with the internal team and with client management.
• Ensures all review points in working papers are addressed/processed where directed
Close out documentation and leads the close-out meetings with the client.
• Set expectations for production of draft report to team. Also ensure draft report is of high standard prior to submission to a manager.
• Ensures all manager review points and client comments are addressed into final deliverables.
• Ensures file is completed in line with the firms methodology prior to submission to a manager.
• Reviews evidence and makes appropriate adjustments to action tracker or equivalent
• Monitors time incurred and undertakes analysis as the project progresses to assist the manager as appropriate.
• Takes responsibility for personal efficiency.
• Attends external events to create networks and potential new opportunities.
• Involved in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm demonstrating knowledge of its products and services.
• Develops contacts within other service lines in the firm.