This worldwide company is looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to join their team. There is a salary of up to £20,000 and benefits that include 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off, free parking, pension, staff discount scheme and excellent prospects.
About the company:
This highly successful business with sites around the world has been in business for over 20 years. They have expanded rapidly over the last few years and deal with a wide range of well known retailers across the Globe with a variety of very high profile brands. They offer an excellent working environment and superb career prospects.
About the role:
Working as part of a team in a fast paced and busy environment you will be supporting the Category Buying team in a range of administration and practical tasks to assist them in ensuring the availability of a range of products, product samples and presentation materials which will facilitate the sales team in maximising category sales. Duties will include:
- Inputting and maintaining data for line lists by franchise on a daily basis chasing factories for information to complete line list data as necessary
- Working closely with the product technologist to establish clear specification information stating all fabric compositions/weights and performance standards for all new products
- Issuing specification data to suppliers requesting quotes
- Assessing the product ranges of key competitors/customers and maintaining the department benchmarking document for core ranges in addition to presenting to the team new directions as appropriate
- Ensuring up to date samples or quality mock up boards are provided for showroom display of current products within the category
- Ensuring the availability of up to date samples, new samples and prototypes or quality mock ups for Trade Shows within the category
- Ensuring the most updated sales presenters which best reflect the category product ranges are available to aid the sales process
- Liaising with factories on a regular basis regarding outstanding requirements to ensure they are met within required timescales
- Providing cover and/or support for other members of the buying team
- Checking the workflow viewer and task viewer ensuring all administration support requests are met to meet business need
Skills and Experience required:
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar Assistant Buyer role within a manufacturer/wholesale or retail background, ideally within the accessories/apparel category. Knowledge of the licensing industry would be beneficial. A good standard of general education is essential with GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics. You will have well developed MS Office skills with proficiency in Excel. You will also ideally have previous experience of using Navision or similar a ERP system. You will be confident and resilient and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- A salary of £18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Staff discount
- Long service awards
- Benefits portal access
- Excellent prospects
If this sounds like an Assistant Buyer role you would LOVE please email your CV today
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.