IT Security and Audit - Consultants
This global business consultancy provides the advice necessary to help their clients manage risk and improve their business performance. They are seeking to recruit experienced IT Security and Audit consultants to work with large corporates' delivering objective, value-added solutions that will enable clients to strengthen internal controls and governance processes, implement sound organisational strategies, increase technological capabilities and improve their operational efficiency.
- Responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with all clients.
- Assist in developing audit committee papers.
- Develop informal networks to keep abreast of emerging issues.
- Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well being.
- Assist in employee development, motivating and coaching trainees by giving regular feedback and promptly competing assignment appraisals.
- Inputs to all assignment appraisals for junior team members, and also completes self job appraisal and six-monthly forms on a timely basis.
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for CPD purposes.
- Adheres to firm's risk management policies.
- Prepares draft terms of reference/audit planning document prior to meeting the client ensuring any revisions are processed.
- Agrees first draft of assignment budget for review with manager/ partner and/or client.
- Creates new and reviews existing work programmes to align delivery to terms of reference.
- Overseas and performs fieldwork as applicable to review.
- Documents field work in line with the firms’ methodologies.
- Discusses issues as they arise with the internal team and with client management.
- Ensures all review points in working papers are addressed/processed where directed
- Produces close out documentation and leads the close-out meetings with the client.
- Sets expectations for production of draft report to team. Also ensure draft report is of high standard prior to submission to a manager.
- Ensures all manager review points and client comments are addressed into final deliverables.
- Ensures file is completed in line with the firms’ methodology prior to submission to a manager.
- Reviews evidence and makes appropriate adjustments to action tracker or equivalent.
- Attends external events to create networks and potential new opportunities.
- Involved in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm demonstrating knowledge of its products and services.
- Develops contacts within other service lines in the firm.
- Professional IT audit qualification (CISA, CISM, or similar).
- Other relevant qualifications desirable, including ITIL, COBIT, PRINCE2, ACA, etc…
- Proven portfolio management experience, including ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Probably in the 3 to 5 yrs range
- Exceptional client relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Technical awareness and auditing experience of common operating systems, financial applications, and underlying databases.
- Experience in IT auditing and risk management.
- Collaborating on the documentation of proposals in response to IT audit tenders.
- Experience of working with Large Corporates (FTSE 250+).
- Subject matter specialism in a relevant area of technology.
- Strong personal networking skills.