My client is one of the UK's leading organisation in the construction and infrastructure sector, who supply an array of construction materials, with over 300 sites in the UK. They are now seeking an Auditor to join their expanding team.
You will be reporting to the IMS Manager and your role will be to provide high quality auditing and feedback across all business operations and to identify areas requiring improvement and share best practice to maintain site and group certification with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS18001 and any other Relevant standards.
Therefore you key responsibilities will include:
- Audit our sites /locations/departments and job roles to the required standards and procedures, raise non-conformances by creating action plans, and provide feedback
- Audit schedule preparation and management across business operations to cover the audit frequency as defined by business or Management system requirements
- Review non-conformance trends and update audit schedules where trends identify shortcomings
- Provide advice and support to Management in business operations and promote sharing of best practice to ensure successful implementation and operation of the integrated management system
- Maintain professional CPD records
- Encourage and support the use of company intranet systems
- Maintain and utilise template audit checklists which will support Management review process and reporting capabilities such as Scorecards / KPI's
- Attendance at team / department meetings and other key meetings / presentations as required by the business
- Provide the business with clear and consistent reports
- Maintain effective cost control during travel arrangements
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
- Knowledge of ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS18001 and Sector schemes, however knowledge of BES6001 would also be advantageous
- Proven or hands on experience of Auditing in similar role
- Strong IT skills, MS Office and Google
- Excellent communications skills and report writing
- Ability to Manage your own time
- Full driving licence
- IOSHH or NEBOSH qualifications
- A lead Auditor qualification would also be highly desirable
The ideal candidate would be someone who has gained an ISO Audit Qualification and who has a honest and down to earth manner, as they are to apply the internal and governmental audit/HSE standards across the sites, but in a manner that does not alienate the Site Managers and personnel working on the sites, but in a way that gives them the tools and opportunity to correct and mitigate the issues raised.
For more information please click APPLY