Private Client Solicitor / Legal Assistant
Job Title: Private Client Solicitor
Location: Morley, Leeds
Salary: Dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
They were established over 125 years ago and have given legal advice and assistance to individuals and businesses since then. Their team of solicitors in Leeds have vast experience in the areas of law that they specialise in. They keep up to date with the ever changing legal environment and surrounding issues.
They are looking to recruit a full time Solicitor for their Private Client department.
This position will be based in Morley but the successful candidate may be expected to travel to client appointments as and when the role may require.
In this role you will work within the firm's Private Client department and will be dealing with a mixture of Court of Protection, Lasting Power of Attorney, Probate & Wills matters. It is essential to have previous experience and a strong passion for this area of work. You will need to be Qualified as a Solicitor or a FILEX. Experience using Proclaim case management software is desirable.
- Making Applications to Probate Court and Court of Protection
- Advising RE IHT Plans and Capital Gains tax
- Will drafting and preparation of Power of Attorney applications
- Management of Deputyship files
- Preparing annual accounts for Court of Protection
- Advising on capacity issues
- Active participation in development of the department
- Ability to deal with challenging situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Organisational skills
- Team Player
- IT Literate
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Private Client, Court of Protection, Legal Advisor, Private Client Legal Advisor, Private Client Solicitor, Solicitor, work may also be considered for this role.