Pre-Assessment Nurse (RGN)
£26,000 - £27,500 (Pro Rata for P/T)
Full-Time and Part Time roles available
Major Recruitment is recruiting for Pre-Assessment Nurses (Full-Time and Part-Time roles available) for a private treatment centre in Somerset. The Centre recently received an "Outstanding" CQC inspection and offers a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, Gastro, Gynae, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. They also have facilities to provide diagnostic imaging as well as providing pain management services.
The successful candidate will assist in the efficient running of the outpatient and perioperative service and co-ordinate the patient's hospital admission from pre-admission to discharge ensuring that the patient's needs are met at all stages.
In addition you will organise and undertake pre-admission screening of selected patients ensuring they are fit for surgery, taking the lead on developing the pre-assessment process to be nurse led where appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Recent experience in an acute surgical setting
- Experience in a pre-assessment/outpatient setting
- The ability to teach/train/ develop Health Care Assistants
- The desire to undertake appropriate pre-assessment qualifications and courses
Qualifications / Experience
- NMC Registered General Nurse Part 1
- Demonstrable pre-assessment and/or surgical experience
- ECG and Venepuncture training
- Basic/ Intermediate Life Support Skills - not essential
If you are interested in this role please apply with your most up to date CV or call Steve on 0161 622 9892 to discuss in more detail