Marine Engineer / Inbound Engines / Outboard Engines / Mechanical
A friendly, well-established business specialising in marine engineering, service and spare parts is looking for a Marine Engineer with 5+ years' experience of inboard and outboard engines to join their team.
They have 2 sites in Chertsey and Portsmouth, and you will be expected to work at both sites from time to time as well as going out to customer locations on the South Coast and Thames area to work on their boats and equipment.
Due to growth, they are now looking for a Marine Engineer to join their small friendly team to service and maintain outboard engines, inboard engines and related equipment including propulsion machinery and 12v electrical systems.
- Carrying out periodic and breakdown maintenance on marine engines and associated equipment
- Using knowledge of diesel engines to fault find / repair and maintain diesel propulsion systems
- Working on their Environment Agency contract carrying out routine safety inspections on marine engines and small craft as well as servicing and repair of the engines and equipment falling within their remit
- Maintaining records of engineering activities including expense records for preparation of invoices
- Liaising with users explaining work carried out and safe operation of equipment
- Ideally 5+ years' experience of working on inboard and outboard engines, and their associate equipment
- They may consider someone with experience on working on petrol and diesel engines, perhaps from an automotive or equipment and plant environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
Good rate of pay will be offered dependant on relevant experience. Salary up to £29k.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone based in Chertsey or Portsmouth. If you have the right experience, our client would love to hear from you!
Click APPLY now if this sounds of interest.