Data Intelligence Analyst
Data Intelligence Analyst
My client is an entrepreneurial start-up operating in the B2B market inside the world's biggest travel company. They create the tools and technology that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trips.
The successful candidate will have the chance to work in my client's main global headquarters with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration between functional teams.
The Data Intelligence team at is responsible for the availability, reporting and governance of data critical to the company's growth and profitability. They partner with the entire organisation - Product, Technology, Strategy, Analytics, Finance, Sales and Customer Operations - and they support the leadership team and external partners in growing the business.
They are looking for an energetic and passionate data professional who loves to contribute to the successes of the team. They want their team to write SQL like it's their first language, and treat Tableau and other data tools like their own personal canvas while always remaining focused on the goals of the team and the business. You will be working primarily on supporting core data governance initiatives such as GDPR compliance and therefore proficient Business objects skills are essential.
You will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, across multiple concurrent projects. You can demonstrate your ability to work both autonomously, and collaboratively, towards the completion of requests and larger goals, on time and to a high standard. You are a natural problem solver and have an awareness of the commercial side of a business that will put you in a good position to become part of the beating heart of this dynamic organisation!
You are someone who can comfortably work with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into compelling data stories, underpinned by robust data processes and models, whilst balancing multiple projects and priorities. All this while at the same time showing an eagle-eye for detail that sets EPS's Data Intelligence out from the rest.
What you'll get is the opportunity to continually grow and develop, build some really cool tools that people use in their daily lives, while working alongside some great minds and with best-in-class tech like Teradata, Hadoop and Tableau. You'll also get exposure to some cutting-edge technologies and techniques like Spark, Data Science and Machine Learning. All that in a great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK's #1 Place to Work, as recognised by Glassdoor.
- Work alongside the Data Governance team to ensure data privacy and security compliance. Be able to proactively identify areas that require improvement and liaise with different parts of the business in order to achieve that.
- Proactively (and reactively where needed!) monitor and troubleshoot datasets, dashboards, reports, and data quality. Show the tenacity to solve those niggling problems that seem to keep coming back.
- Be one of the experts on reporting tools such as Business Objects, Tableau and SQL and have experience in ETL tools and concepts. Be responsible for consistently providing ad-hoc support and training of our user community.
- Partner with different functions and stakeholders in the business (Analytics, Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Operations) to understand their challenges and support cross-functional projects.
- Investigate new data sources and calculations that can change the way we look at the business.
- Help to optimise business processes using appropriate data-centric solutions.
- Business Objects proficiency
- Be able to write SQL like it's your first language, against relational databases like SQL Server, Teradata and Business Objects. Bonus points if you can add Hive/Hadoop experience.
- Show the ability to fluently communicate data using Tableau and/or Web Intelligence. Not just tables and pie charts! We have a lot of data and it takes some thought tell a clear story, and not get lost in the detail (Qlikview, Looker or similar also considered)
- Have a passion for data and understanding how things work, and prior experience in building reports/dashboards with visualisations data in a commercial environment
- Be comfortable communicating with both technical and business stakeholders
- Proactive, solution driven, and willing to take on the challenge of solving both technical and business problems
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to manage timelines and deadlines - we have a lot going on in the team and we need someone who can consistently organise and deliver!
- Demonstrable experience in a Business Intelligence, report developer, business analysis or similar role in a commercial data-centric company. Think tech, telco, travel, digital retail, banking, or similar.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.